Saturday 12 September 2015

Coven












Outfit details: 
Top: Primark
Skirt: vintage
Kimono and blue stone necklace: Forever 21
Boots: New Look
Layered necklace and black stone ring: Accessorize
Claw ring: Ad Hoc

Another day, another kimono! Effortless but beautiful, they make an everyday outfit special. This one in particular made me feel like a bad ass, gypsy-witch-queen (like the characters of one of my favourite shows, AHS: Coven, who inspired this look). In order to give the gorgeous detailing on this Forever 21 kimono the attention it deserves, I paired it with an all-black outfit, using it also to showcase some new jewelry. This layered necklace called to me in the Accessorize at Liverpool Street station on the way home from work and, instantly, I pictured this outfit in my mind. 

As I mentioned before, I often receive comments on my outfits, usually because I'm not dressing for the occasion at hand. For instance, my month's work experience at the British Museum sees my carefully thought-out outfits shut up in dusty, gloomy store rooms and archives; clambering up ladders, taking inventory of finds, transcribing records and marking objects. As such, my boss and colleagues are often in jeans and t-shirts, more familiar with site work than fashion trends. This awards me a few comments every morning but I wouldn't have it any way - wearing what I want makes me confident and happy, and planning outfits is often my favourite part of the day. It might be weird to believe, but wearing a new piece of clothing or new accessory (like this necklace) almost makes me excited for my 6 am wake up (I did say almost!) 

If you remember, last week I wrote about my love for colour, especially on grey days. Today however, one look at the leaden skies and I found myself reaching for a palette of black and white. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be wearing all the colours of the rainbow? Or exclusively in leopard print? That's the beauty of fashion! No day is the same. 



No comments:

Post a Comment