Thursday 20 August 2015

Trailing Flowers










I'm such a sucker for both soft, floaty fabrics and floral patterns - as such, this maxi skirt from New Look is perfect for me! I love how it flows and moves so easily, it's almost better to wear it on a windy day just so it's full movement is appreciated. That or I have to constantly twirl and get rather dizzy! I fell in love with this top instantly too. Anything off-the-shoulder catches my eye, but the lace detailing on this top sealed the deal immediately. I just love how versatile it is as it looks equally great with both jeans and skirts... Not to mention that it was only £8 from Primark (there's nothing like the I-just-got-gorgeous-clothing-for-a-great-price feeling!)

Today I went to Aldeburgh Carnival - one of the few major events we have here in Suffolk. I haven't been to the carnival in a few years and visiting after a while was even lovelier. During the day there's a float procession (people really go all out - even as far as decorating homes. I saw one house transformed into a fully fledged princess castle! Of course, I had to have a picture with it, much to my sister's disapproval), a street market and fairground rides. As dusk falls, a Chinese lantern procession takes place, walking through the town and down to the beach where there are fireworks. It was pretty magical seeing thousands of pretty rainbow lanterns bob along the winding roads and sitting transfixed under a sky of exploding sparks! I hope you're all having magical summers too :)

- Much love, Esther.

Outfit details:
Black off-the-shoulder top: Primark
Floral maxi skirt: New Look
Black hat: H&M
Stone necklace: Urban Outfitters
Black heeled boots: New Look

No comments:

Post a Comment